What would people most like to change about their smiles?
They want whiter teeth.
Teeth whitening is the fastest and easiest way to restore your natural smile and make you feel more confident as you go about your daily life. It is a safe and effective way to get your teeth looking brighter and healthier. Having your teeth whitened with the care and guidance of professionals is the surest way to see the results you’re looking for and will result in a noticeably brighter smile in as little as one visit.
What Our Patients Have to Say
Friendly and Professional Service
Why choose professional teeth whitening?
We’re all different—our age, lifestyle, diet, medications and more all affect our teeth and gums. A whitening product that works for one person may not work for you. Worse yet, some store-bought products can damage your gums.
- Based on Your Needs: When you come see us for teeth whitening, we find out what troubles you about the appearance of your teeth, what you hope to achieve from the procedure and your expectations. Then, after thoroughly examining your teeth and gums, we recommend the best whitening procedure for you based on the results you’d like and your oral health.
- Performed by Experts: Our dentists are specifically trained in teeth whitening products and techniques. They know exactly how to perform the procedure and follow all safety protocols during it for your protection.
- Dramatic Improvement: We use a prescription-strength bleaching solution to whiten your teeth. This solution contains the most powerful whitening agents on the market.
- Immediate Results: Only professional teeth whitening yields exceptional results in as little as one hour.
- Even Whitening: Over-the-counter whitening products are notorious for uneven whitening. This is especially true of whitening strips which fail to cover the entire tooth. Rest assured our dentists know exactly how to perform the procedure for whitening all contours and angles of your teeth.
- Increased Comfort: Our whitening process includes the use of a laser to minimize any chance of sensitivity and gum irritation.
Our professional teeth-whitening gives you these distinct advantages over off-the-shelf products:
But only a qualified dentist can evaluate the safest, most effective whitening procedure for you. Give us a call!
At-Home Whitening Kits
For patients who prefer to whiten their teeth on their own schedule and in the comfort of their own homes, we offer customized take-home whitening kits.
- Medical-strength whitening gel: The whitening power of our at-home kits is far greater than any store-bought product you might find.
- Customized dental trays for best results: instead of the one-size-fits-all dental trays found in store-bought kits, our application trays are custom-made based on models of your actual teeth. They’re designed to hug the natural contours and grooves of your teeth, enabling consistent and complete whitening of the enamel.
- Expert dental guidance: Our dentist will advise you on how to use the at-home kit safely and effectively to get the results you want.
Unlike store-bought kits, our at-home whitening kits gradually lighten enamel over the course of three to four weeks and include:
Try our at-home whitening kits for near-professional results.
When to whiten?
As our dentists will tell you, teeth whitening will not change the appearance of crowns, bridges, veneers and fillings. Therefore, we recommend whitening first when crowns, fillings or veneers will be needed in the not-too-distant future. Our dentists can then match the color of later dental work to your whitened teeth.
Professional teeth whitening can remove stains and discoloration from the tooth surface and the area deep within in.
Book your teeth whitening consulation
Why Teeth Become Stained or Discolored?
Surface Stains: Our teeth are protected by a layer of enamel composed primarily of minerals. Tooth enamel is so strong, it’s the hardest substance in your body.
- Dark-colored beverages including tea, coffee, wine, colas and fruit juices.
- Dark-colored sauces such as tomato and soy sauce.
- Sugary beverages and foods.
- Brightly colored fruit such as berries, cherries and pomegranates.
- Tobacco products.
- Poor nutrition and oral hygiene can also discolor your teeth.
But tooth enamel is also porous meaning it contains tiny holes which absorb substances that stain your teeth, including:
Deep Stains: Tooth discoloration also occurs in the inner portion of a tooth, the layer just below the enamel. This tooth layer is naturally yellow or gray in color. As a person ages, the enamel wears away and the underlying color shows through, making teeth appear dull or dingy. Medications, illness and injury can also discolor the inner portion of your teeth.
Top Teeth Whitening OptionsTeeth whitening is an effective way of lightening the natural colour of your teeth without relying on more invasive procedures like veneers. Having your teeth whitening at our office or carefully following the instructions in your take-home kit will show results without any lasting sensitivity.
Professional whitening treatment
For most patients, the most effective way to whiten teeth is to invest in a professional in-office treatment. During your in-office teeth whitening, a bleaching solution is applied to the teeth using specially designed trays. Once the trays are in place, a laser is used to gently heat the solution, working to activate oxygen molecules that can penetrate enamel to remove stains. Laser teeth whitening offers immediate results. It may also help reduce risks of sensitivity and gum irritation.
Take-home teeth whitening Kit
For patients who prefer to whiten their teeth in the comfort and privacy of their own homes, we offer customized take-home whitening kits. These kits come with customized application trays that hug the natural contours and grooves of your teeth, enabling consistent and complete whitening of the enamel. Unlike store-bought kits, our teeth whitening trays are moulded from models of your actual teeth, a benefit that also reduces risks of tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. Take-home kits gradually lighten enamel over the course of three to four weeks.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.
Cost of professional teeth whitening in Guelph
Teeth whitening treatment performed by dental professionals in the office can cost something in the ball-park of $600 to $1200. A take-home kit provides you with more affordability while still receiving guidance from dental professionals and may cost approximately $300 to $600.
Why is there such a steep difference in cost? Consider the pros and cons between in-office whitening, take-home kits and over-the-counter whitening:
- Performed by experienced dental professionals
- Super accurate, greatly reducing irritation to your gums or lasting sensitivity
- In the office, we are able to use stronger, more effective whitening agents.
- The fastest whitening option.
- Under the care and guidance of professionals, we are able to dispense whitening agents which are more effective than the drugstore brand.
- Noticeably whiter teeth in weeks, not months.
- Custom-made trays are easy to apply, reduce the risk of gum irritation and result in an even application of the whitening agent.
If you have further questions or concerns or if you’re looking for a more accurate quote give us a call or request an appointment today.