“Are Dentures Right for Me?”
Around one-quarter of adults over the age of 65 are missing some or all of their teeth. Dentures are a common and effective solution for replacing missing teeth and restoring health and functionality to the mouth.
Dentures are available in both full and partial sets to cover any amount of tooth loss and can easily be replaced or repaired if needed. Are you concerned about your appearance? Our dentures are fabricated to achieve a natural look and feel. Most people won’t even realize you’re wearing a dental prosthesis.
You may want to consider dentures if the following conditions apply to you:
- You need to replace several or all of your teeth
- You don’t smoke or use tobacco products
- You have a healthy jawbone
- You don’t suffer from dry mouth.
- You’re committed to attending regular teeth cleanings
“How do I take care of my dentures?”
The best way to take care of your dentures is to treat them like your natural teeth. That means attending regular cleanings and dental examinations. These exams are important for ensuring that your dentures fit well and that your gums, tongue, and jaw stay healthy.
Other tips for taking care of your dentures:
- Remove dentures overnight to let your mouth rest
- Soak dentures in warm water
- Use a good denture cleanser
- Do not soak dentures with metal clasps in anything but warm water
- When not wearing dentures, keep them in water so they don’t dry out and warp
- NEVER soak dentures in hot water.
- With dentures removed, clean and massage your gums
- If you have partial dentures, brush your natural teeth as usual
- Brush with a soft-bristled brush
- Use non-abrasive cleaner
Cost of Dentures in Guelph
In Guelph, you can expect to pay approximately $900 – $3500+ for dentures. The cost of dentures varies widely depending on whether you get full or partial dentures as well as the type of support the dentures will use. Full-mouth dentures can cost anywhere from $1,800 to $3500 and up. The cost for a full set of implant-supported dentures averages around $30,000.
Factors we consider when determining the cost of dentures:
- The type of denture you need
- Dental extractions or other required preparations.
- Whether or not x-rays are needed
- Whether or not you get supportive implants
Remember, no one can give you an accurate estimate over the phone. Everyone’s dental condition is different. That’s why it’s necessary that come into our dental office in Guelph for a consultation to get an accurate estimate.
Contact us today
to schedule an initial consultation & exam.
Your consultation will include an examination of everything from your teeth, gums and soft tissues to the shape and condition of your bite. Generally, we want to see how your whole mouth looks and functions. Before we plan your treatment we want to know everything about the health and aesthetic of your smile, and, most importantly, what you want to achieve so we can help you get there.